***

***

10.12.2010

#1- A recent pic of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself




Explanation #1- This picture was taken Friday October 10, just after purchasing a new backpack for Tyler.  I told him I could fit in it and he didn't believe me.  I sure showed him.

Explanation #2- I decided that I wanted to keep this post original.  Anyone who has read this blog already knows a lot of our quirks, so I tried to write only facts that have not previously been discussed.  It was much more thought provoking than I originally anticipated, but who doesn't love a good challenge?  Here's what I came up with:

1. We are of the opinion that girl pants are meant for girls. Period.
2. One of the times we feel closest to heaven in our home is when we’re cuddling.
3. People usually think we’re younger than we really are
4. We are huge fans of watching Office, Community, and Mentalist (I think I've already mentioned the Office on here before, but if I'm remembering right, the other two are new).
5. We are outrageously annoyed by sloppy dressers and have been tempted to offer makeovers to grungy teenagers on multiple occasions.
6. We get teased a lot because we almost never fight. Seriously. We are lucky enough to get along perfectly 99% of the time.  What people don’t know though, is that we are terrible at fighting. We’re both working on improving our communication with each other during heated situations. Our current attempt: monthly companionship inventory.
7. We both dream of owning a plantation/Victorian home in the future.
8. Our house is our baby. We constantly spend money on improving it. One day we’ll have a real baby and that practice will have to end.
9. Burping contests are a regular occurrence at our house.... I know, revolting, right?
10. One of our eternal disagreements = a board game.  I think Settlers of Catan (which I may or may not have spelled correctly) is one of the most boring games ever invented, but Tyler is crazy about it. 
11. We both played the clarinet as teenagers.
12. We are anti movie/dinner dates unless you're already married to the person.  Creative/cheap dates are always best, but definitely a must-have before marriage.
13. We both wanted to get married around the age of 25.  Instead, we met and opted for about 20.  Life rarely turns out the way you plan, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
14. We've spent 3 months sleeping on an air mattress.
15. The movie I am Legend scared the pants off us when we first watched it in our dark basement apartment.  Can you tell we're not huge horror flick fans?

5 comments:

Britney said...

Shae - you are such interesting people, I love to hear about your life. If I was more interesting/less busy at this particular time in life, I would do this challenge too because I'm already looking forward to the future posts!

Britney said...

p.s. I suddenly remembered that one sleepless night, oh so long ago, when you thought everything was over with you and Tyler (and we can blame faulty phones for this). I'm so glad it worked out because you two are amazing! The End.

Travis and Crystal said...

I am with YOU Shaela on Settlers of Catan! My husband however loves it! Crazy guys! I love all the fun facts about you guys! Thanks for sharing!

Home on the Grange said...

Britty- Yes oh yes I do remember that night. I've told Tyler many times that he has you to thank for the level of sanity I was able to maintain at that time. I've also been able to hear that story from Ty's perspective (Ty as in Tyler's friend) and it is super interesting to get a 360 degree view of "the incident". haha! And for what it's worth, I think your 30 day blog post would be super interesting; I would delight in reading it.

Crystal- I cheered in victory out loud once I read your post. Luckily Tyler was standing by me and ran to my aid only to find that another guy was also in love with that awful game. Hehe. What is up with them? It's good to know that I'm not alone in my loathing :)

Heather said...

Awesome post! I love #2, because I feel the exact same way! You put it into words so perfectly.

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip