***

***

10.04.2010

Homecoming Beauty and Ute Fans in the Making?

The past couple of weeks have been fabulous and this post proves that I'm finally getting better at taking pictures.  About time!  They were all taken on my phone, so sorry if they're a little funky.  Here is a little documentation to display what we've been up to:

1.  Homecoming- My adorable little sister let me do her hair for Homecoming this year and it was so much fun!  I was really nervous because hair was always such a huge deal to me back when I was in her shoes but I think it turned out alright, all things considered.  All of the Wall girls had so much fun talking and laughing and dolling her up together.  What a blast!  It was all I could do not to throw on a dress and join her.  Formal dances were always a fabulous time! I totally miss them.
Anyway, I feel so lucky to have been a part of this.  What a top notch young lady! It's hard to believe that the girl whose diaper I used to change on a daily basis has now outgrown me.  She is such a beautiful girl!





2. U of U Games -  Thanks to some good friends, we've been able to attend not one, but two football games at the U!  I've never been before, so it was super exciting!  I was so thankful to have a husband who could give me a quick Football 101 lesson so I could actually understand what was going on (I've never followed football before).  Once I understood the basics, the game became even more exciting. 







3.  FHE- We've been trying lately to host Family Home Evening more often and it has been a great experience.  Poor Tyler looked very suspicious when I dragged him to the couch last week and handed him a list of words for our FHE activity.  Once he warmed up to the idea of writing, it turned out to be a lot of fun!  Here are some of my favorite responses:

(By Tyler)
If Shaela were a shoe, she would be a stiletto - fashionable, sometimes practical
If Shaela were a season, she would be fall - cold and pretty
If Shaela were a cartoon character, she would be little mermaid - skimpy clothes and nice abs (LoL.  If only)
If Shaela were a car, she would be a mini cooper... not any mini cooper the one from Italian Job.  Little, but fast.

(By Shaela)
If Tyler were a cartoon character, he would be like Prince Eric - My perfect match! I know he'd kill a sea urchin for me.
If Tyler were a place, he would be a cruise - offering more than one destination because he is well rounded and offers the best of everything... a buffet of a man.
If Tyler were a food, he would be healthy cheesecake because I'm addicted to him, but he is also good for me (if only I could say the same for cheesecake).

...Okay, mine weren't nearly as funny as his, but I couldn't very well make this one-sided.


Until next time,


No comments:

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip