***

***

10.30.2010

#19 - Nicknames you have, why

Shaela:
1. Maroon Haired Brat - My uncle started calling me this when I was tiny because he said that my hair wasn't red, it was maroon.  I thought it was mean when I was little, but now I love it!  It's now my name at all the family reunions and I think I feel lucky to be one of the few with a familial alias.
2.  Idget - Because I'm too short for the 'm'.  :)
3.  Wifey - Tyler calls me this.  I think the meaning behind it is pretty obvious, but I think it's cute.
4.  Sha-la-la-la-la - My brother calls me this and I love it.  He now addresses all of me letters this way and I can hardly wait to hear him call me that again in person!  I don't know where it came from or why he started doing it, but he has used the term for years and always does it in a sing-song tone.  He also calls me his "sisso" because he couldn't say the letter 'r' when he was little.
5.  Little Red - Some friends called me this in high school and I always looked forward to hearing "little red" shouted at me from the opposite ends of the hallways as I walked into class.


Tyler:
1.  Lucky Face - I have called Tyler this name since we first started dating because he is always lucky.  It's really amazing how many contests he wins and how he lucks out on a regular basis.
2.  Grangey - Tyler's soccer friends (primarily Jeff) call him this.  I asked Tyler about why he acquired this name and his answer wasn't terribly helpful.  Basically someone in high school started calling him by this name because it went along with his friend Jeffery's name and it stuck.
3.  T-Money - Tyler's friends called him by this name because he never missed free throws when they played basketball, so he was "money", which apparently means that you could bet all your money on him making it because he always did.
4.  Poor Tyler has too many nicknames that are used around our house for me to count them all.  I always have fun with calling him by pet names - hun, honey bunny, Tyler wyler, hubby, baby, puddn' pie, etc...  Lucky for me, he puts up with all of them.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

Also just "Red."

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip