***

***

10.23.2010

#12 - How you found out about blogs and why you made one

I was a senior in high school when I first heard about blogs.  A friend told me about some teachers at our high school who had political blogs. Not only did I not understand politics in high school, but I had no interest in reading about them and I was far from computer savvy.  For the next couple of years, I thought blogs were strictly limited to online political commentary and I wanted nothing to do with them.

It wasn't until my cousin Kylee and my friend Jodi told me to visit their blogs, that I discovered more about what blogs really were. 

I don't remember much about why I ended up starting one except that several friends and family members requested it and eventually someone convinced me.  I am definitely a fan of the idea of printing blogs out into a binded book though.  I can't even count how many times I have sat through Sunday school lessons and even given young women lessons on the importance of journal writing.  So this way, I get to keep some sort of a journal only I get to make it cute, post pictures and music, and keep in touch with friends and family.  Love it!

Furthermore, I LOVE reading the blogs of friends and family!  It's always so fun to see their pictures and hear how they are doing.  So basically... I'm totally sold on the idea now.

No comments:

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip