Shaela's response: babies (yes, sometimes I get baby hungry), naps, motorcycle rides, delicious desserts that I shouldn't eat, pretty jewelry and clothes
Okay folks. It's nearly 10:45 pm and right now what I'm craving is my BED. Years of college and midnight cramming have taught me not to try to write anything profound when I'm tired; it just doesn't work. So this post is going to be quick and simple... hopefully. I really have no idea what I'm going to write about at this point.
Let me tell you about why I'm suffering from writer's block at this moment. Each night at our house, events play out like this:
9:30 Tyler says he is tired. Shaela tells him he is an old man.
9:45 Tyler says he is tired. Shaela begins feeling desperate and begins doing silly things to hold his attention.
10:00 Tyler grows weary of Shaela's shenanigans and begins ignoring her.
10:01 Shaela pouts.
10:03 Tyler forces a begrudged Shaela to lay down by him.
... from this point on I have two choices. 1- I can give in and fall asleep, on the couch inevitably, after Tyler promises we'll get up in 5 minutes. Instead we wake up at 2:30 and stumble to bed while I grumble.
Tyler's interjection: NOW you'll hear the truth. I used to not wake up in 5 minutes but I have turned over a new leaf and when I promise we'll get up we do. So that is no longer a valid point. Whatever!
Back to Shaela: or 2 - create a scene and keep Tyler up until I'm ready to sleep.
That being said, it is now 10:56 which means that I have been working very hard for nearly an hour to keep him distracted from his sleepiness. How can I be expected to write something of consequence under the circumstances?
What do we crave? Sanity, each other, free time, Ovaltine, and chocolate chip cookie dough.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment