***

***

6.17.2011

Late Twenties already?



This past week brought with it many adventures and even some mourning on Tyler's part.  Turning 26 was not something he had been looking forward to.  Ty is under the impression that once you hit 26, you're in your LATE TWENTIES!! shudder. 

Tyler's birthday was a lot of fun this past week and we have loved all the celebrations!  We had a Grange family birthday dinner on Monday, followed by Tuesday which was full of activities of his own choosing (playing soccer, ordering pizza, and watching a US soccer game), followed by a birthday dinner trip to Tucanos with our friends Steve, Jordan, and their adorable and entertaining son Deacon on Wednesday.  We still have one more birthday dinner coming up with my side of the family and then our extended celebratory fun will come to an end. 

This year we tinted our car windows and bought Tyler a KX 250 (dirt bike) for his birthday.  The bike is currently under construction, which is okay by me since I can't ride with him while I'm prego anyway.  I have to confess though-- I'm a little nervous for the bike.  It's probably not what you're thinking though.  I'm just suspicious that Tyler is going to beat me out on the woops now that he has a big, strong bike and an entire season to practice without me :(  sad day!  So if you wouldn't mind, say a little prayer that come next spring, I'll still have the magic touch and will be able to make Tyler eat my dust on my little 85.

I'm including one of my favorite pictures of the man of the week with this post because let's face it, he is pretty dang handsome.  I am one lucky girl to be married to such an incredible guy.

It takes a pretty special person to put up with a stubborn, unpredictable, and oftentimes crazy redhead and Tyler does a great job!  Between his patience, love of laughter, appreciation of naps, and willingness to embark on new adventures, I'm pretty sure he was created especially for me.
----Happy Birthday Tyler!!

P.S.  I'm taking advantage of his absence this weekend by posting this picture.  I'm pretty sure that if he had a say in the matter, this picture would not be up so... enjoy it while you can and let's hope that he lets me leave it up after he sees it next week :)

3 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday old man!

Matt and Jen McEvoy said...

That is funny, Matt turned 26 on Sunday! He didn't have concerns about being in his late twenties now, but he was pretty concerned about the fact that he will be 30!! in just 4 years! Haha! Sounds like you guys had fun. I felt bad for Matt because he had to have his two special days on the same day of the year :(

Home on the Grange said...

Haha! It sounds like our guys are quite similar. I bet things got crazy with birthday and Fathers Day celebrations all in one day! Hopefully he had a fun time anyway. Happy late birthday Matt!

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip