***

***

8.14.2011

And so begins the baby bump watch...


Okay.  This is so pathetic but it is what it is.

I started writing this post on May 24th and planned on posting it with pictures.  Clearly that hasn't happened.  I'm in the process of getting some of those pictures but in the mean time it bothers me that I have this totally out-dated post that clearly is not going to cut it now as picture accompaniment.  Tyler told me today that I need to update our blog so my first step in doing so is to post this and move forward with newer material.  Sorry about that.

For what it's worth, here's what I had to say way back then:

1.  Have you been sick? 
The answer is YES!  It seems like everyone I've talked to lately has told me all about how they never got sick during their pregnancies.  Bah!  However, I still feel like I'm just paying my dues when it comes to this topic.  Normally, as in when I'm not pregnant, I almost never get sick and I NEVER puke, so basically it's only fair that I take a turn once in a while.  And if I get a cute baby out of the deal, I'm totally in favor! 
*update: I originally wrote this post a while ago.  It seems like once I hit 5 months, the sickness sort of melted away.  Hooray!

2.  Have you had any weird cravings? 
Um... not really?  Once I had an emergency craving for a strawberry smoothie and I could eat Pace bars(yummy popsicles) every day and be pleased as punch, but nothing too crazy so far.  In the beginning, all I wanted were potatoes and grilled cheese sandwiches though.  That was weird.
*Another update: Since writing this post forever ago, I did in fact experience an emergency caving in the form of sour patch kids and swedish fish-- which was mostly inspired by an overwhelming smell of sugar at WinCo after a long work day.

3.  Have you had any pregnancy crazies?
Well there was that time I almost flushed my shirt down the toilet but I feel very confident that it was due to outside circumstances (stress vs. MAJOR gross and painful sickness), but I suppose that could be my own bias coming into play there.  Umm... I freak out sometimes about weird things that are happening to my body and I find wearing clothing to be annoying at times.  That's kind of crazy I guess.

4.  Do you have a name picked out?
No.  We actually have the opposite problem that most couples do.  So far we can only agree on one name but I would like to go to the hospital with a list of three names to choose from.  So by all means, if you have any cute ideas to add to our list, let us know.

5.  Have you felt her kick yet?
All the time!  This baby is constantly on the go and I love it!  It's like I have a little friend with me wherever I go and just in case I forget, she gives me a good kick regularly to jolt my memory :)  Plus, I love it that this is a part of the pregnancy that I can easily share with Tyler.  It's so fun when both of us can feel her kicks together.

6.  What will you do after the baby is born?
I'll be working part time if all goes as planned and believe me, a break in my current full time work schedule will be MUCH appreciated-- even if it does involve a wild, crying child.

7.  And since I feel like this post is totally self-centered, let's throw in an answer to how Tyler is doing with all this:
Tyler is really good about making sure I'm eating enough (this was an especially hard responsibility over the past few weeks as I've been ill and had a total lack of appetite), scolds me for wearing high heels (naughty me), carries me to bed when I fall asleep before I should, talks to our baby (he's currently trying to teach her to count), plays music for the baby, makes me rest when we both know it's needed, is patient with me, and reminds me how funny everything is when I start to freak out over weird changes my body is making.  We laugh a lot together and let's be honest, laughing is one of the best things in the world.

No comments:

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip