***

***

8.14.2011

Letters from High School

Next item of business = letters from high school

Tyler and I went through a fun time recently where we both received letters from ourselves that were written in high school.  They were fun to read and I've had great intentions to post them ever since.  So here they are in all their glory.  

Let's do Tyler's first because it's much more funny.  (Written January 3, 2002, 4th period health class)

The most important decision I will ever make is the [person] I decide to spend it with.

Make your choice then love your choice.

I want a person who has brown or blond hair.  I don't really care how tall she is.  She has to be fit so she can go run with me.  

On the spiritual side, I would like her to be of the Mormon faith, so we would believe the same things and so we can get married in the temple.

Socially she needs to have friends so she can have her girls night out.  I want her to have a good personality so she can laugh and have a good time.  She needs to feel good about herself and like herself.

As you can see, Tyler totally failed on the hair color choice.  Poor guy.  This has provided us with several laughs.  

Mine is not nearly as entertaining.  I was asked to write mine during seminary and like the good little student that I was, I made sure to include material from the lesson.  What was I thinking?  Shouldn't I have known that my adult self would be much more interested in hearing about my hopes and predictions for the future?!  Sheesh.  Well, here's what I came up with (written February 23, 2005):

Dear Husband,

I am in Brother Wilde's seminary class write now.  We just had a lesson about morality (I just gave Devin my red pen)  [ink changes color... ooh fascinating].
I'm so curious about who you are.  What are you like?  Are you who I think you are?
Well, whoever you are, I want you to know that I'm keeping myself clean for you.  I am determined to be married in the temple so that our love can be real and eternal.  I'm sure you and I are very happy together.  And I hope we're doing everything right [ attending church, fulfilling our callings, studying the scriptures, praying, paying tithing and fast offerings, etc... if not... buck up and do it!!
This year has been extremely hard for me in all honesty; probably the hardest and most defining year of my life.  I've been experiencing some pretty ugly high school drama that hasn't been fun, but I know that it'll pass eventually thankfully.
I've been dating a great guy named Tony, my best friend is Rachel Hanson (whom I hope I'm still in touch with).
Right now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for college.  Who knows what I'll end up doing?
I want you to know that I love this gospel and that I have a very strong testimony.
I hope you and I have a great life [together] and that you treat me like a princess and make me lots of cheesecake.
I wish I had time to write more, but alas, I do not.

Thanks for everything!  I love you!

Love,
Sha

And in closing-- here is a brief passage from yet another letter I wrote to myself  (you know, the letter where I talked about the lesson the whole time).  This one was written in my institute class on March 29, 2007:

Right now I am planning on marrying Tyler Grange- who is a truly wonderful guy.  I'm assuming that you are with him now.  He makes me want to be the very best that I possibly can and I'm sure you two are happy together.

Remember that marriage isn't always easy, but so worth it in comparison.  Help each other, do good deeds for each other whenever you get the opportunity.  I would write more, but have to go to work.

Share your love with others and hold to the rod!
-Shaela



No comments:

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip