Well we finally went in for our targeted ultrasound yesterday and it was amazing so I just had to blog about it. We had the sweetest ultrasound specialist who was just as enthusiastic as we were about all the discoveries we were able to make about our little girl during the appointment. That's right! GIRL!!! We finally know for sure! She gave us a great view yesterday that put all my doubts at ease and now I'm ready to go all out on girly bedroom decorations. Woohoo!
Sorry my last post was such a downer. Life has many ups and downs, and experiences like that make me even more thankful for the ups. There is some great news for us though; can you even think of a better pick-me-upper than this:
I know I can't. During our ultrasound, we were able to watch this darling little girl suck on her fingers, roll around, drink, and wave hello to us as pictured above. Wow! It was easily my favorite appointment so far. These are actually pictures of the ultrasound that I took with my phone so hopefully they show up okay. I have no desire to scan them all in at the moment (I'm home sick from work today), so hopefully they'll do.
I was absolutely blown away at the detail that ultrasounds pick up on now! Judging by what we saw, this poor little girl has my bulky legs/butt. One of the first things the technician (I don't know what her proper term is) said to us in the appointment was, "WOW! Look at that thigh!" and just like that, I knew it. It also appears that she has inherited some of Tyler's Japanese facial structure. If you look close, can't you just see Ty's sharp cheek bones and jaw line?
Seeing each little finger and toe on our baby yesterday was incredible! Technology rocks! So far everything is looking good; her vitals all checked out properly, her heart, lungs, and brain are looking beautiful, and the doctor confirmed what I've been saying for months now- this baby is extremely active.
Now we just need to get some baby bump pictures posted, don't we? I'm sure this comes as no surprise to y'all but we haven't been terribly good at taking them. We do have a couple though, so I will try to get them posted soonly. Hopefully you're all doing well and loving this gorgeous warm weather.
Until next time,
Shaela
6.07.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Wedding
Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.
Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit
The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip



4 comments:
That's so great! It's crazy how ultrasounds can be so detailed these days. I bet that was neat to see, for sure, and makes things seem more real, maybe? I can only imagine.
Also, I liked your post yesterday a lot! I didn't feel like it was a downer at all, just honest (and well-written). I generally like posts like that, though. They make me feel a little more connected sometimes. Thanks for sharing.
Fun! I love the big ultra sound, it is amazing what it can show you! We saw our little one yawning on the ultra sound yesterday and then baby was comfortably asleep and would not move to cooperate for a while, haha! But towards the end baby did cooperate and even though we went in determined to NOT find out the gender, we caved. But don't tell anyone!! I feel like I can tell you because you don't know anyone I know except Matt and Tyler :) We are having a girl too!!! We are beyond excited! I can't wait until we can get out little girls together someday. Congrats again, I hope the rest of your pregnancy is wonderful!!
Amanda- You are sweet and you always help me feel better. Thank you for that! And yes, seeing the ultrasound totally made me realize that there is in actuality a baby growing inside of me!
Jen- I can't believe you saw her yawning! How cool is that?! Don't worry, your secret is safe with me :) Unless it's a problem that your comment is posted on here of course, if that's the case I'm happy to hide it. Either way though, CONGRATULATIONS and HOORAY!! That is sooo great! We absolutely must get our kiddos together for a play date someday! Good luck with your pregnancy as well; it sounds like things have been smooth sailing for you so far :)
Sorry I've missed your blog updates! I'm glad they were able to give you a for sure on the gender. That would stress me out. Of course, I only had one ultrasound during my pregnancy, at 19 weeks and she said "80% sure it's a boy"...so that's what I had to go off of! The rest of the time I had a teensy bit of concern that I might be fooled!
Post a Comment