I have a confession to make. I love Oprah! Not Oprah herself; she and I disagree on so many different levels. I love Oprah as an interviewer and I love her talk show. In fact I've always looked forward to being home during the day ... one day... a long time from now so I can watch Oprah and Ellen and Good Things Utah. Poor Tyler has to allow me to watch these shows during the day whenever we are given a paid holiday. Those women really know how to entertain! Well, either that or I'm just a nerd destined to be one of
those stay at home Moms that wears her robe all day and engrosses herself in daytime television, but let's not go there.
So in honor of Oprah's Favorite Things TV special, which I always want to watch but never actually do, I'm going to present to you all, our loyal blog followers, a little slice of
Shaela's Favorite Things... the inexpensive Oprah style.
In no particular order:
 |
| This isn't exactly a product but I'm addicted to these things, so I had to include it on the list. Basically you take a dish towel (or other similar sized fabric), fold it in half, sew up the sides, fill it with rice or beans (and yummy spices if you'd like), and then sew the top. I throw mine in the microwave and carry it around with me all over my house-- in my shirt, in my bed, etc... and it always helps keep me warm. |
 |
| Oh how I love my Awesome cleaner! I usually buy it in a much larger, less watered down form but I couldn't find a picture of that variety so this will have to do. It can be used to clean almost anything and it is in fact, awesome. |
 |
| There is no better alarm clock than the smell of freshly baked bread. I have the hardest time waking up in the morning but when delicious warm loaves are there to greet me, it's a piece of cake. Some people still haven't figured this out but bread machines can be used to make bread of all varieties as well as dough, which I use often. |
 |
| Try and tell me that it's not fun to wear humongous fake eye lashes. Can't do it? I'm not surprised because they totally rock. I love costume parties and Halloween and really any excuse I can come up with to wear these puppies. Ooh la la! |
 |
| Sweet Daydream lotion from Victoria's Secret smells heavenly. I go on spurts with their scents. My first love: Love Spell. Since then I've also found myself on Amber Romance and Passionate Kisses kicks but for the time being, this is my fav. |
 |
| What would my life be like without ready-made pie crusts? I love making chicken pot pie with these things and there is no way I would have time to throw one together after work without these handy things on my side. Not only are they easy, but I love how they taste. Thank you Pillsbury, for making meal planning so much easier! |
 |
| Shabby Apple dresses are expensive, but that won't stop me from admiring them. They are original, stylish, creative, and so cute! I browse their website regularly just to see what new designs they've come up with and I like pretty much all of them. That being said, I only own one so far. Why? They are expensive. Thankfully my patience is starting to pay off though. I have recently noticed that other companies like Downeast Outfitters and Impel Clothing have started mimicking their styles for half the price so hopefully I'll be able to indulge in the future. |
 |
| Tyler bought me a pair of sheepskin slippers last year that look just like these and I couldn't be happier with them. The company he bought them from usually sells their products from kiosks in the malls around Christmas time and my oh my are they comfy, sturdy little things. |
-THE END-
So now you know some of my favorites. What about you guys? Are there any products out there that you couldn't live without?
3 comments:
I have to agree with you...I love all those things too! F.Y.I. If you look on groupon in other states, especially the D.C area they have Shabby Apple deals all the time! (Hint hint Ty for gift ideas for Shae)
Guess what? The producer of Good Things Utah is in my ward. In fact, she is the Relief Society president and my visiting teacher! She is awesome! Thought you'd enjoy that info. :)
Lisa- Good to know. I'll have to watch for the Groupons and nudge Tyler...a long time from now once we've fully recovered from our cruise spendings :)
Andrea- No way! That is so awesome! Have you ever watched it? It is fabulous! They always have the cutest things on there.
Post a Comment