A coworker who is well aware of my love for facials, brought this advertisement to my attention today and I was so amused by it that I had to share. A headline offering a steal on microdermabrasion caught our attention so naturally, we pulled it up to do some price comparisons. It didn't take long to figure out that the Groupon ad could not beat what I currently pay whenever I get around to having this done, but the text within the ad kept me reading. What on earth is this?!
The listing, adorned with a bejeweled cat floating on a cloud, compares facial treatments to flirty, friendly banter. Continue reading and you'll find that not only does microdermabrasian infuse your face with moisture, it miraculously provides you with a supply of Mickey Rooney trading cars until you, "surrender to relaxation like a buttery balloon caught in an embrace."
Bahaha! I don't know what a buttery balloon has to with anything, but I certainly don't want it anywhere near my face.
After barely making it through that sentence with my professional demeanor still in tact, I wandered into the next section which discloses planetary secrets that have been revealed through macrodermabrasion. Whatever was left of my calm composure flew completely out the window when I read that the planet Pluto is simply a babushka doll whose core is made up entirely of a profaned golf ball.
I don't know who wrote this gem, but I want to find them and hang with them sometime. I'm convinced it would be an entertaining experience.
That said, do you think they wrote this as a creative approach to grabbing the attention of customers? If so, it seems to have worked. According to my current link, they have sold 266 of these since placing the ad and now they're getting a shout-out from the random blog of a crazed PR graduate. Additionally, it's a safe bet that I'll be keeping my eye out for more advertisements from a company I knew very little about until this morning. Well done folks! Well done.
See it for yourself at the link below:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/skincare-charlie-salt-lake-city
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Wedding
Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.
Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit
The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip
3 comments:
Groupons are always completely ridiculous, you'll never be disappointed.
So they're always like this? Wow! How have I not known about this until now?! I'll definitely be paying more attention to future ads.
I always want to know who writes the text for Groupons. They are so funny,
Post a Comment