Tyler tried very hard to get some decent pictures of them, but apparently they refuse to look at the camera when there is perfectly good food to be eaten and people to play with. Hopefully you can still get an idea of how cute they really are. Trust me though, the camera does not do them justice.
P.S. Check out my totally charred leg.





And just in case these pictures don't do it for you (which unfortunately is a very real possibility since we are not excellent photographers), here is a picture my friend sent me of one of the goats smiling into the camera:
11 comments:
haha! nice. my husband has a goat. good thing it is still on his parents property! one day...you'll get your goat.
He has a goat?! You are so very lucky!! They are such fun animals :)
CUTE!!!! I love mini-goats too!!! I want to know all about how they've been. I actually started looking up stuff about caring for them because they are so cute and I wanted to see if we could get some someday. Are they as much work as a dog? Are they as responsive as a dog? How about pooping issues? Ha ha ha! How about I just interrogate you to death right now!
Haha! I always knew we were alike :)
One new thing I learned is that you are supposed to have at least 2 if you have them as pets because they are extremely social. They are not nearly as much work as a dog. They are so easy to clean up after because they just poop little pellets (like deer). Wow. I think that discussing poop is a first here on my blog :) hehe.
Anyway, they are very responsive. They really like to play with people and butt them with their heads (most people get them de-horned as babies). So the one thing you would want to be careful about is letting them butt Peter; they're pretty strong. They follow you around and will walk with you and play with children just like dogs. They love people!
They eat things that grow in your yard and you can buy a hay mixture to feed them, along with a magical bucket of oats that they are crazy about. They need a good sized area to roam and it should be fenced (they like to get out).
We had a Llama (well..Alpaca)when I was a teenager, and we got a mini-goat as a 'pet' for it because it needed a friend. They were best buds and we loved them both!
I used to take the goat on walks using a dog leash. Fond memories!
Dang it! Now I want one! (And by one, I meant two, of course. :) I shall just have to wait until we have fenced-in property of our own. Oh, and can you take them on walks?
Heather- That sounds like a completely adorable story! You lucky girl!
Andrea- Yes! As confirmed by Heather's comment, you can walk them with a leash, which is yet another reason why I want to be a goat owner as well :) -SO CUTE!!
wow...I didn't ever think about owning goats...that sounds so silly, good luck with that, you'll need to invite us over to play when you have one of your own.
HAHAHA! That's amazing...I would never had thought you wanted goats! I like them when they're babies but hey they'll mow your grass for FREE!!!
You know pet pigs are now really big... Well rather small.
http://www.royaldandie.com/
Just a thought.
Post a Comment