***

***

8.02.2010

Numero Tres



Three years ago today, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning to make it to my early morning hair appointment, followed by a rushed makeup application, and a quick dash home just in time to meet Tyler at the house before our drive to the temple. 3 years ago today, I wore a long white dress, greeted hundreds of people, accidentally yelled at my new husband's good friend from Maine, and blushed when I had to ask for Tyler's help in untangling myself out of my overly large slip. More importantly though, 3 years ago today, I promised my forever to the sweetest man I have ever known and smiled when he promised his in return. 3 years later, I am still the luckiest girl on the planet and here's why:

- I have a husband who plays with my hair, packs me lunches, learns to ride motorcycles because he knows I like it, packs me umbrellas when it rains, pulls me close to him in his sleep, tells me I'm beautiful, lets me act like a child whenever I get the urge (sadly, this happens often), and reads to me when I can't sleep at night even though I know he's exhausted.
- He is a hard worker. Whether it's going to work or school, beautifying our home, or serving in the church, he always gives it his all.
- Tyler held me together this summer when on more than one occasion, I came home and collapsed on the ground into a big ball of stressed-out-girl.


And last but not least, here are a few of my favorite memories from this past year of our marriage:
- In line with my goals to live a well-rounded life, Tyler has gone camping, seen expensive Broadway plays, traveled, attended motocross races and sporting events, gone on hiking trips, visited theme parks, attended dance concerts, read books, tried weird foods, volunteered at political campaigns, and everything else I have requested of him, in spite of his own hesitations.
- I showed Tyler my 2 favorite love songs from Moulin Rouge and he surprised me by learning the lyrics, then coming home from school one night and singing them with me. We have loved both songs ever since (hence our blog music).
- While I L-O-V-E love dancing, Tyler is not fond of it. This year, he voluntarily took a dance lesson so he could take me out and he has happily agreed to participate in this activity with me ever since. On Christmas, we danced in the streets of Disney World together under fake snow. People on the streets watched us and clapped when we were done. He also took me to a big band show in Logan with a fancy dinner and danced with me until we were both exhausted. And as if that wasn't enough, Tyler agreed to perform a Polynesian dance with me in front of 40,000 people at the Spectacular. This was a HUGE stretch for him!
- I have a hilarious memory of early in the year when I gave Tyler a peck on the lips. He instantly frowned and stomped out complaining that I kissed him, "like a two year old" and I fell to the ground laughing.
- During the World Cup, I discovered that I really enjoy watching soccer. I've always known this, but I've never been able to pay attention to sports on TV until now. When I told Tyler about an exciting game I watched, his face lit up and he asked me to blog about how much I love soccer now... which I never did... sorry Ty!

I'll end it there because I'm pretty sure I've embarrassed him enough already. The past 3 years have been completely awesome and I'm excited for many more to come.

8 comments:

Travis and Crystal said...

Such a sweet post. The little cute things that husbands do, really become the big things that counted and make the relationship work out so well. Congratulations on three wonderful years!!!

Kristin Shelby said...

Sha!! This post is absolutely ADORABLE! You two are the perfect couple. I look up to you guys so much! Oh, and I 100% remember you telling the story of Tyler saying you kiss him like a two year old! hahahaha!!! I seriously laughed when I read it on here! I love you so much! Congrats on the aniversary :)

Tyler and Lucci said...

How cute! That is super awesome my Tyler and I got married August 1st of last year, so crazy that it was almost the same day!

Lisa said...

Congrats you two! I can't believe how time flies! I remember Tyler being so excited for you to come to my wedding so that he could meet you there :)

Jessica said...

Aw. congratulations you guys! I love you. I never took a second to thank you for your thoughtfulness in posting on my yelloww woods post. So, Thank you. It meant a lot to me that you would take the time to think of us and leave your very much appreciated advice. You are some of my heroes!

Sara said...

congrats! we're so happy for you guys! we need to get together again soon, it's been too long.

Jennifer McEvoy said...

Shaela,
Would that be my husband you yelled at at your wedding? I guess I am assuming Tyler doesn't have more than one friend from Maine :) Haha, I would love to hear that story, I'll have to ask Matt about it later. And it is completely OK that you added us to your blog list, I am happy to have another reader! And I am very happy that Matt was able to go to Utah for your wedding, that was when we started dating :) It's nice to meet you, hopefully someday we will live closer and be able to hang out!

Home on the Grange said...

Oh my goodness! I totally forgot that I wrote about that! Yes... it was your husband. I know you can't see me right now, but I'm totally blushing. So embarrassing!! I had one freak out moment during our wedding and that was it. I thought he was my brother (he was behind closed doors in the bathroom) and was mortified when I found out he wasn't. I've been embarrassed about it ever since. Hahaha! I hope he has forgiven me for that!

That is so cool that you guys started dating while he was here in Utah! It is so fun to see pictures of y'all and hear how you're doing. We are definitely in favor of you moving down this way so we could get together.

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip