***

***

11.05.2009

A trip to the desert and a walk through history

We took a fun trip out to Little Sahara/Cherry Creek/Jericho, etc... with some family and friends. Honestly, people call it so many different names that I never know how to properly cite the location, so I usually stick with 'the desert'. Easy enough?
Anyway, it was loads of fun! Tyler is getting so good at riding! He still can't beat me... my one claim to fame. But he is getting dangerously close. I've been considering taking some secret practice runs in order to prevent him from getting any closer.
Sadly, my bike was out of commission. Just as I was ready to burst into tears, a friend offered to let me borrow his for the weekend and I was in heaven. Thank you forever Taylor!!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let me show you what we found:



This is a really cool old house that sits alongside one of the trails. It's old and clearly falling apart so naturally our first thought was to climb on in.
This location is commonly visited because it contains Porter Rockwell's cabin. Porter Rockwell just happens to be a crazy cool small pioneer man who scared anyone and everyone who crossed his path, which is probably why he was selected to be Joseph Smith's body guard. Pretty cool, eh? Anyway, people usually stop and take pictures by this house because they think it was Porter's. Not so my friend. This is simply a cool old rickety house. This next picture on the other hand, depicts his REAL house, commonly depicted as a shed (and rightfully so if you ask me).

Here is a pic. of Porter Rockwell's real house. And an added bonus, a fabulous shot of helmet hair. I'm not ashamed.



An even better shot of helmet hair :) Seriously, this house is so tiny! Even still, we can't help but cheese it up a little for the camera.
Here we are with the rest of the clan in the cabin. What an incredibly fun trip it turned out to be!!

2 comments:

Britney said...

You are my favorite awesome biker friends! :)It looks like so much fun, minus that I would die if I tried it myself, ha.

Taylor said...

I love jericho. Sweet pics (taylor, not jodi)

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip