This post makes me laugh because I totally sound like a doting parent posting pictures of my child's firsts. Really though, this is seriously his first candy bar! Can you blame me?!Here's the story behind that happy face:
Tyler has long been a semi-sweet chocolate chip snacker. He loves chocolate, but he can't have milk and has always been told that semi-sweet is the only chocolate he can have. This misconception was put to rest one day at Wal-Mart when I took my dark chocolate dove bar and compared the ingredients to his beloved (and somewhat putrid) semi-sweet chocolate chips (which we've been debating were the same thing for a few years now). The final verdict? A perfect match! I was squealing and jumping like a little girl while Tyler looked at me like I'd lost a few screws.
I'm a firm believer that the closest thing you can get to milk chocolate, is Dove dark chocolate. Seriously, Dove knows their stuff.
After making this discovery, I invited my sisters over to enjoy, what else? Tyler's first s'more. Here is a play-by-play:
The man of the night prepping his mallow.
First bite!
Is it just me, or is this face screaming out, "I'm not sure about this"?
Sorry, these pictures appear to be in the wrong order, but here he is going in for the kill.

2 comments:
I'm so proud of you Ty! It's just as exciting seeing your 1st foods as it is when we watch Logan ;) Chocolate has been a long time coming for you! I always wanted you to try it! So!? Did you like it?
I think Shaela was more excited about the chocolate than I was. I can't believe it took me 24 years to try my first real s'more though! It was different, but I really liked it. Now all I can say is, "bring on the fondue!"
Post a Comment