***

***

1.08.2009

It's Catch Up Time

Since the computer labs have been closed this past month for the break, our internet access was completely obliterated. You know what that means right? It's catch up time!

This month has been a busy one! One of the coolest things we were able to do was to escort my favorite new Elder to the glorious missionary training center. I have never been so proud of my not-so-little baby brother!

Being part of his preparation and watching him grow has been such an awesome experience! For the longest time, a mission was the farthest thing from my brother's mind and we all knew it. One day last spring he confronted me about his desire to serve. I nearly fell out of my chair! I was completely overjoyed because I've always felt that his potential was completely through the roof!

The coolest part about Jake's call is that he refused to let other people know about it ahead of time. His way of announcing it to the family was in the form of a surprise party at a friend's house. It took at least 10 minutes to convince our parents that the envelope Jake was holding was in fact a mission call. Once that realization hit, everyone in the room was in tears.

What an amazing amazing experience and what an inspired missionary!











Okay so... this isn't exactly the most dignified picture, but I love it! That's my Jakie!














1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! I've never heard of a surprise mission call reveal- sooo cool. I bet it was an emotional moment!

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip