I'd like to start out by apologizing for slacking on my picture posting duties. Tyler informed me that I need to get pictures of the new and improved house up ASAP. I'll get to those at some point. For now, we've got one major thing on our mind: Finals. Ug. In light of that special occasion, here is a poem. It was sent to me by a friend from highschool (thanks Simon!). I'm not sure if he actually wrote it or not, but I got a kick out of it:
'Twas the night before finals,
And all through the college,
The students were praying,
For last minute knowledge.
Most were quite sleepy,
But none touched their beds,
While visions of essays,
Danced in their heads.
Out in the tavern,
A few were still dirnking,
And hoping that liquer,
Would losen their thinking.
In my own room,
I had been pacing,
And dreading exams,
I soon would be facing.
My roomate was speechless,
Her nose in her books,
And my comments to her,
Drew unfriendly looks.
I drained all the coffee,
I brewed a new pot,
No longer caring,
That my nerves were shot.
I stared at my notes,
My thoughts were all muddy,
My eyes went a blur,
I just could not study.
"Some pizza might help!"
I said with a shiver,
But each place I called,
Refused to deliver.
I'd nearly concluded,
That life was to cruel,
With futures depending,
On grades earned in school.
When all of the sudden,
Our door opened wide,
And Patron Saint Put-It-Off,
Ambled inside.
His spirit was careless,
His manner was mellow,
And all of the sudden,
He started to bellow.
"On Cliff Notes, on Crip Notes,
On Last-Year-Exams,
On Wingits, and Slingits
And Last-Minute-Crams.
"His message delivered,
He vanished from sight,
But we heard him laughing,
Outside in the night.
Your teachers have pegged you,
So just do your best,
Happy Finals to All,
AND TO ALL A GOOD TEST!
12.01.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Wedding
Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.
Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit
The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip
1 comment:
That is an awesome poem. Remind next time I see you and I will share with you my version of I will Survive (rewritten so it has to do with finals). It is pretty cool. I hope that you had a great break and that you had an amazing Christmas.
Post a Comment