***

***

11.30.2011

Thanksgiving

Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you all ate lots of delicious food and had an excellent holiday. This will just be a short post to let you all know that we had an awesome Thanksgiving and to give a quick little update.

This year was our year to have Thanksgiving dinner with Tyler's family and we made sure to only include immediate family since we're still trying to keep Aleah away from crowds and germs.  We had an awesome time!  Pumpkin rolls are quite possibly my favorite dessert in existence but since Tyler can't eat dairy, I only make them during the holidays when other people can help me eat them.  This time around I decided to make things interesting by doubling the filling in our pumpkin roll and my oh my was it tasty.  It was probably a gazillion calories but totally worth it!!

We love Thanksgiving at our house because we get to enjoy family and friends, eat good food, and join in festivities, but skip all the stressing over presents.  LOVE it!  Plus, how cool is it that we have a day dedicated to counting our blessings?!  Pretty dang awesome if you ask me.

This year especially, Tyler and I have been amazed at how abundant the blessings are in our lives.  It has been amazing to watch the blessings pour in once we found out that we were pregnant.  We have incredible families and friends, food and shelter, a wonderful ward, tons of opportunities, great jobs, etc.., etc...  Plus, we have been given the gift of always finding ourselves surrounded by some truly great people.  In fact, I think that the people in our lives are oftentimes are greatest asset because of the support and shining examples that they always give us.

In closing, we are soooo THANKFUL for a wonderful year.  Life pretty much rocks.


3 comments:

Britney said...

So glad your year is finishing out so beautifully and everything went well with Aleah getting here and starting life with you too.

Luke and Andrea said...

Oh my goodness she's getting so big! And she's just so absolutely beautiful! I want one!!!!!! PS, are we doing a friend new year's party this year, or does Aleah need to be kept safe from bad germs?

Home on the Grange said...

Thanks you two! Andrea- sorry for the delay. I have had zero internet access for quite some time. Sheesh. Anyway, I decided not to do a party this year. Aleah has had quite a rough time lately with winter and the fun colds and illnesses that come with it. Hopefully next year!

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip