The Richest Man in Babylon is one of my favorite books. I try to read it a couple times a year to see where we're at with our goals, it helps keep me focused. I just finished reading it and thought I would share some things that I got out of it.
1.A part of all I earn is mine to keep
2.Advice is one thing that is freely given away, but watch that you take only what is worth having
3.Will power is but the unflinching purpose to carry a task you set for yourself to fulfillment
4.Enjoy life while you are here. Do not overstrain or try to save too much
5.Truth is always simple. For every ten coins thou makes take out for use but nine
6.That what each of us calls our ‘necessary expenses’ will always grow to equal our incomes unless we protest the contrary.
7.We all have more desires than our earnings can gratify
8.Let they motto be 100% of appreciation value demanded for each coin spent
9.The purpose of a budget is to help thy purse fatten
10.Like a bright light in a dark cave thy budget shows the leaks and enables thee to stop them and control they expenditures
11.Wealth is not in the coins that thou carries but in the golden stream that flows into thy purse
12.The first sound principle of investment is security for thy principle.
13.Be not misled by thine own romantic desires to make wealth rapidly
14.I recommend that every man own the roof that sheltereth him and his
15.Make preparations for a suitable income in the days to come when you are no longer young
16.Process by which wealth is accumulated first in small sums then in larger ones as a man learns and becomes more capable
17.The more wisdom we know, the more we may earn
18.Be in front rank of progress and not to stand still least you be left behind
19.Better a little caution than a great regret
20.More interest in my work, more concentration, more persistence in my effort and with reasonable promptness my increased skill was rewarded.
1 comment:
We are just living in Logan going to Utah State. Where are you at? what are you up to? These are some good goal evaluators. Trav and I need to sit down and look over all the ones we have made! Life is too crazy! I hope all is going well for you!
Post a Comment