***

***

2.07.2009

Meet our friend

I thought spider webs like this existed only in haunted houses. This was a spider that really liked our water heater. We found the gigantic web when we were cleaning our home before we moved in. It was absolutely disgusting. I think it had been living there since our house was built. After discovering this I immediately went to Lowe's and bought a six pack of bug bombs. The package said that one can would cover up to 500 sq feet. Our house is only 1500 sq feet so three would have been plenty according to the company. I wasn't taking any chances. I chose to use all six, one in each room. I had my dad use the vacuum to suck up the web because he is tall and could reach up there. He faked that a spider came out and it totally freaked Shay out, I didn't know she was such a screamer. Since then I have seen a few spiders but nothing too bad. The joys of owning a home.

3 comments:

Heather Ashcroft said...

Hey Tyler! I'm glad you found me, I didn't even know Katie had a blog. I'm doing really good. We live in Layton and I stay-at-home with my little guy which is sometimes hard but very fulfilling. We just moved back down here from Logan in the summer. My husband had just graduated in Accounting from USU. He works for the State now as an auditor. Sounds like you guys could be friends. That's great that you're looking at graduating so soon. I was going to school but took a break to have Kade, we'll see if I end up going back. Well, you guys are a really cute couple and it looks like you're happy. It will be fun to keep in touch. See-ya. -Heather

Scott and Katie Smith said...

Oh man... Scott and I are both terrified of spiders. If we had come across a spider web like that we would have moved :)

Unknown said...

Hey Shaela!! Thanks for your comment! You're so sweet :D I'm glad you can relate because it's going on 3 years for me and Chris and I still feel the same way!! You and your husband look so good together! Way cute!!!

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip