***

***

2.20.2009

25 Random Tid-bits about us

Randomness


I’ve noticed a lot of these lists on peoples’ blogs lately and thought they were fun. So naturally, when I had homework to do, I devoted my time to this instead.
25 Random Things about us:

1. I am completely mesmerized by British accents.
2. I have a goal to learn how to make fish this year. Tyler’s Japanese relatives who eat fish and rice everyday are incredibly healthy and fit, so I’d like to follow their lead. I just don’t have any clue how…Recipes anyone?
3. Tyler ate his first piece of pizza at age 19.
4. Tyler LOVES reading the newspaper and would do it every day if I let him buy a subscription.
5. I love watching wedding videos at receptions.
6. I like having painted toenails, but they’re rarely done because I can’t stand painting them myself.
7. We are both addicted to watching The Office.
8. Tyler wants to own a jet someday.
9. I have a bad habit of quoting Disney movies in conversations. Usually people don’t recognize them and it’s gotten me into trouble on more than one occasion.
10.I once played a main role in a mime show.
11.I HATE most video games. Just hearing them being played in our house ruins my mood.
12.If he could, Tyler would devote an entire closet to nothing but French cuff shirts and cuff links.
13.I want to own a pigmy goat one day.
14.Tyler likes to eat sorbet that looks like ice cream, but when he eats it, he won’t scoop at it like most people do, he eats it like art: neatly scraping it down layer by layer, so the top of the carton is always perfectly smooth and flat.
15.We both love getting dressed up in fancy formal wear.
16.In Jr. High I was embarrassed by my red hair because I thought boys didn’t like it.
17. In high school, Tyler worked hard on his jumping skills and won second place as the highest jumper on the soccer team.
18.I once dressed as an emo girl so my date wouldn’t ask me out again.
19.Once the two of us were looking for some entertainment and ended up racing up and down a spiral stair case balancing eggs on spoons and it became a real sport for us. We’d still be playing it if it weren’t for the fact that our new house has no stairs.
20. All meals at our house are dairy-free.
21. I love Audrey Hepburn and even want to name my future daughter Audrey.

22. I am terrified of bats due to a freak experience where one dive bombed me.
23. Tyler loves winning… at anything.
24. Tyler likes gardens and plans on starting one of our own this year. Shaela's version of a garden is a couple of nice potted plants.
25. Tyler likes expensive things. Shaela is a tight wad. Buying appliances was very funny for us because I walked to the cheapest end, Tyler walked to the most expensive, and we slowly had to work our way toward the middle.

9 comments:

Scott and Katie Smith said...

Tyler and the sorbet made me laugh out loud. That is funny. I totally agree with you about the pigmy goat thing. I love them. Scott wants a pot-belly pig too.

Amanda S. said...

AHAHAHA! Love it! Especially # 18, 19, and 25.

Lori said...

I love the randomness!

Rachel said...

You should let Tyler buy a newspaper subscription, girl! Newspapers need all the help they can get...plus I would really like a job when I graduate. :)

Travis and Crystal said...

Shaela! I was just looking at random blogs on a bunch of my friends blogs and I saw your name and was like no way! Anyways, I hope everything is going great for you and your family! I'm adding you to my friends list! ~crystal mcmillan mckellar

Taylor said...

Holy crap! Check this out shaela- i just found a random picture of your brother in 30 years!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bkFIPLIOGL8/RuX90h0G3FI/AAAAAAAADBQ/_WdhiGtF-xU/s1600-h/mulletcouple.jpg

Home on the Grange said...

Oh my gosh! That picture is the most hilarious thing ever!!! That's totally Jake... mullet and all. He'd be all over it.

Anonymous said...

hey there strangers! took me a while to find you, but hey it was worth it. I hope to get your address, we would love you to come to Lance's graduation. It is coming quick. We need to get together before the summer is gone, and so is he. Your blog looks great. Don't be strangers, be grange's, ha ha ha. I am so funny. Love ya
Pam Sakurada

Home on the Grange said...

Hey Pam!! We were absolutely thrilled to see your comment on here! I'm so glad you found us :)
I can't believe Lance is graduating and leaving us so soon. Wow! Time really flies, doesn't it?
We need to get together for sure.

Our Wedding

Vwala! Here are our pictures as promised. They're miniscule looking on here, but you should be able to click on the link to enjoy them in a more big and beautiful state.

Temple Day

Temple Day
We took this on the day of my first temple visit

The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors
Pre-Marriage Camping trip